*DEADLINE FEB. 8th AT MIDNIGHT CST*
The Music City Songwriting Contest is a Nashville-based competition open to amateur songwriters worldwide. Entries will be judged on originality as well as compositional, lyrical, and melodic content; therefore a professional recording is not necessary. Songs are open to the following categories: acoustic, adult contemporary, alternative, Americana, bluegrass, blues, Broadway, cabaret, contemporary Christian, country, folk, funk, jazz, Latin, pop, rock, singer-songwriter, and standards (no instrumental compositions).
All Contest Entrants will receive:
Contest finalists (Top 25) will receive:
- Music City Songwriting Competition Certificate of Recognition
- Written feedback on the song submitted
- Music City Gift Bag
**The Grand Prize winner will receive:**
- Two (2) roundtrip air fare tickets (winner and one (1) guest) from the closest major airport to winner’s residence served by Southwest Airlines®, on published scheduled service (subject to Southwest Airlines terms and conditions; certain restrictions may apply), to Nashville, TN.
- Transportation from Nashville International Airport to hotel and return from hotel to airport
- 5 Nights at the Renaissance Nashville Hotel
- $1,000 Cash Prize
- Winner will be interviewed on GAC TV to run in a scheduled show
- Winner will be interviewed by Storme Warren host of GAC’s Headline Country and Music Row Happy Hour on Sirius/XM Highway 59 Radio
- Featured interview in American Songwriter Magazine
- Winning song will be recorded during the taping of Sirius|XM Satellite Radio show, "Music City Connection: Heroes Behind the Hits"
- Winning song to be highlighted on Music City Radio, Nashville’s online radio station
- Personalized Autographed Little Big Town CD
- Mentoring session with Little Big Town
- One hour mentoring session with a professional songwriter
- Opportunity to receive a single song publishing deal
- 1 Backstage Pass which offers complimentary admission for 2 to over 30 Nashville attractions
- Nashville Music City Gift Bag
- Little Big Town
- Mike Sistad
- Butch Spyridon
- Alex Torrez
- Tim Nichols
- Storme Warren
Judges will rate each song based on the following criteria: melody, composition, originality, lyrics and, most importantly, commercial appeal.