Honorable Mentions: Up to ten honorable mentions are recognized in each issue.
Finalists: Top four finalists have their lyrics printed in American Songwritermagazine. One of the four finalists will also be chosen for American Songwriter's one-page Q&A feature in the coinciding issue.
First Place: First place winner receives a Martin DCX1E acoustic-electric cutaway guitar and a legendary Shure SM58 Microphone.
Grand Prize: One bi-monthly First Place winner will win a trip to Nashville for a dream co-writing session with RCA Recording Artist Chris Young, who recently scored his fourth “No. 1” hit on the U.S. Country charts with the hit single “Tomorrow.” The winner will also receive a full-band demo recording session at a leading Nashville recording studio.
* Past Grand Prize Lyric Contest winners have co-written with hit songwriters such as Rodney Crowell ("Stars on the Water," Jimmy Buffett, "Please Remember Me," Tim McGraw, "Making Memories of Us," Keith Urban), Bobby Braddock ("He Stopped Loving Her Today," George Jones, "People Are Crazy," Billy Currington, "D-I-V-O-R-C-E," Tammy Wynette) and Chris Stapleton ("Your Man," Josh Turner, "Never Wanted Nothin' More," Kenny Chesney, "Swing," Trace Adkins).
* Remember, this is a LYRICS ONLY contest, so it is not necessary to have an Audio File attached to the lyric/song you would like to enter (although it is fine if you do). Both Members and non-Members of AmericanSongspace.com only need to account for the LYRIC SHEET for each song entry!
2011 Lyric Contest Music Industry Judges:
- PAUL ROPER (GM, DUALTONE MUSIC GROUP)
- MELISSA SPILLMAN (MANAGER A&R, CAPITOL NASHVILLE)
- CHAD GREEN (CREATIVE DIRECTOR, WORD MUSIC PUBLISHING)
- CLINT WILEY (AGENT, AGENCY FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS)
- JUSTIN LEVENSON (MANAGER, LICENSING OPERATIONS, SESAC)
- BRADLEY COLLINS (DIRECTOR WRITER/PUBLISHER RELATIONS, BMI)
- BJ HILL (DIRECTOR OF A&R, WARNER-CHAPPELL MUSIC)
- HOLLY LOWMAN (ARTIST MANAGER, RAMSEUR RECORDS)
- TYLER MIDDLETON (ENTERTAINMENT ATTORNEY, GRAFFAM MIDDLETON)
- JAMIE POLEN (A&R MANAGER, AMERICANSONGSPACE.COM)